Saturday, November 21, 2015

An interview with gifted children's author Kevin Christofora



Hello everyone , today I have the pleasure of interviewing talented children's author, Kevin Christofora. He loves writing and today you'll find out lots more about him, his passion and his future plans. Welcome, Kevin, it's great to be speaking to you today. We'll get on with our questions now.

Tell us something about yourself:  
I laugh when people call me an author.  I didn’t grow up ever thinking I would be. Some times I still feel awkward, but I can't deny it with two books done and the third coming soon.  Now I am owning up to it! J   I am a dad.  I grew up in a family business  (a meat market )which taught me many life skills.
 After having children and becoming a coach, I found a huge need.  While doing my own homework on how to make practices more fun, I found major organizations willing to teach groups of parents how to be better coaches. I loved the fact that someone knew all these volunteer parents don’t necessarily know how to coach.Yes, we're  thankful for the coaches time, but it wasn’t the best experience. I took classes and brought the knowledge back to my organization after I became president.  It doesn’t matter what sport you coach,  these classes were geared to teaching kids. Learning kid psychology, and  parent-coach communication skills from experienced veterans. I was dumbfounded at how many kids showed up knowing nothing about baseball. I was exhausted at the end of the day, reading to my kids with slurred speech. Wouldn't it be great to write about baseball to teach kids and parents about the game so they'd know what to do and where to go when we got to the field? I wanted to write a book about what I did every day on the field.
You've accomplished so much, Kevin!
Tell us about your books:
The Hometown All Stars are a series for books for children four to six.They teach children about baseball using real coaching techniques.  In this interactive storybook, kids will find hidden baseballs in the pictures, answer trivia questions, and there’s a page for autographs from their favorite players.  The series is designed to be short-anytime reading books.  You learn how to catch, hit, and throw before you even think about playing a game.
Your books are really fun and entertaining Kevin. I've reviewed them and I can see why kids and parents love them.
Are you working on any new stories?   oh-yes, everyone wants the one what's coming.  What have you done for me lately?  It doesn’t exist- lol  We are deep into book 3. The schedule is to have art complete by the end of December to meet a march release. I am excited.  It is coming out better than I predicted…lots of fun mixed in.  I cant wait!  
Such exciting news, Kevin!
From now till Xmas, all book sold, I will match and donate to children’s hospitals around the country.
I have a great fundraising program, where we sell books at cost to organizations, and they add to registrations or just flat out sell.  Any unused books, we buy back. I think it is awesome to help spread the efforts of more green, less screen. 
The blog on my website is incredible.  I have incredible new help from Mugsy PR.   They have helped create a great image and the content is so useful and what I would declare as normal and useful.  Many new parents are feeling their way. Here they have a chance to see how other parents handle similar situations or conquer the time management with kids and activities and bedtime. We have found many repeat visits, which helps reassure that the content is good.  Who doesn’t want 6-6minute snack ideas?  And healthy ones at that!
Great ideas Kevin, Best wishes! Thanks for spending time with me today! I really enjoyed learning about you and your books!
for more on fundraising information contact Kevin:
Contact: Kevin @ 845-332-3580 or kevin@thehometownallstars.com or P.O. Box 235, Woodstock,  NY 12498









copyright: Deanie Humphrys-Dunne 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment